MY JOURNEY TO FOREX TRADING
INTRODUCTION
Welcome to my blog! I’m Musa, known as Musa Fx Trades a name that reflects spirit and passion for exploring new challenges. This blog is all about my journey to becoming a professional forex day trader.Join me as I share the ups and downs of the forex market, provide helpful tips, and celebrate our progress together. Let’s motivate each other and reach for greatness.
Feeling inspired and a bit bold, I decided to reach out to him directly. I asked him what forex was all about, and he was surprisingly open. He gave me a free course to help me understand the basics, which I was very grateful for. I also downloaded a few PDFs to learn more, but honestly, I barely got through any of them. I was excited and I didn’t fully understand the complexity of forex trading. Even with my curiosity, I was still struggling to get a clear picture of how it all worked.
Around this time, my focus on forex was interrupted by a setback in my education. During my Grade 9 exams, I fell seriously ill on the day of my math paper and had to be admitted to the hospital in Lamin. I managed to complete my math and science exams, but my performance was far from what I had hoped. I had always been one of the top students, and this experience left me feeling defeated. For the first time, I began to question whether school was really for me. I wondered if maybe there was another path I could take.
When I entered Grade 10, I made a difficult decision to quit school. My parents were shocked and disappointed. They couldn’t understand why I would abandon my education, and like many African parents, they believed that school was the only way to achieve success. My decision created tension in our home, and my parents stopped speaking to me. This added a lot of pressure to my life. During this difficult time, I tried to dive deeper into forex with the free course he had shared, but I was still young and inexperienced. The complexity of the charts and strategies felt crazy, and with my family issues on top of that, I just couldn’t make it work. By 2020, I had given up on forex, feeling like maybe it wasn’t meant for me.
In 2021, I decided to go back to school with a renewed mindset. I returned with a strong commitment to doing my best, and I dedicated myself to my studies. My efforts paid off, and I became the head boy, earning several merit certificates in various subjects. I was studying science, and although my results weren’t perfect, I felt proud of what I had accomplished. When I graduated in June 2023, I even received an award for being the Best English Student. This gave me a sense of pride and hope, showing me that I could achieve great things if I put my mind to it.
After graduation, I enrolled at the University to study computer science. But as time went on, I began to realize that the program wasn’t what I had hoped for. It was heavily focused on theory, with very little practical application. I attended a senior presentation, where only a few students could successfully execute their programs, and it made me question whether I was on the right path. I had a genuine interest in computers and technology, but I felt that the education system wasn’t giving me the hands on skills I needed.
Before applying to universities in the United States, I took on a few entrepreneurial projects to earn some extra income. I started a small poultry business, which went surprisingly well, and I managed to make enough profit to cover my visa and document costs. Then, right before my visa interview, a few friends and I decided to start an okra farm. The farm was doing great, and my friend and I were the most dedicated ones in the group. We put in a lot of hard work, and it felt rewarding to see our plants thriving.
However, after my visa application got rejected in July 2024, everything changed. The rejection was a hard blow, and it made me feel like all my efforts had gone to waste. Discouraged, I abandoned the farm, and my friend continued working on it alone. Without my full commitment, though, the farm didn’t reach its full potential. It was a difficult time, and I felt lost, unsure of what direction to take next.
At this low point, my older brother suggested I take another look at forex and introduced me to Yarimi University, an online platform that offered a structured forex course. I decided to give forex another shot, but this time, I was determined to take it seriously. I went through the entire course, practiced on demo accounts, and eventually started trading with real money. I made some small profits and even managed to make a withdrawal, but in my excitement, I started over trading and blew my account. Frustrated but undeterred, I put more money into my account, but the same thing happened I blew it again.
I joined a competition with Alpha Capital Group and managed to make a $15k profit. But once again, my eagerness got the best of me. I took big risks, over leveraged, and eventually got disqualified from the competition. This experience taught me some painful but important lessons about risk management and the mental side of trading. I realized that forex wasn’t just about skills and strategies; it was also about discipline, patience, and control.
Determined to learn from my mistakes, I went back to the Yarimi course, studying even harder this time. I focused on improving my psychology, working on my mindset, and developing better risk management practices. Now, I’ve bought two challenges with FundedNext and Alpha Capital, and I’m hoping to pass them. Even if I don’t succeed on the first try, I’m committed to the journey. I’m part of the “never give up” generation, and I believe that all my efforts will eventually pay off.
As of November 2024, I’m still uncertain about my future with formal education, but I haven’t completely given up on it. I’ve always had a dream of earning a degree, not necessarily to work a 9 to 5 job, but to gain knowledge and prove to myself that I can accomplish it. I’m considering going back to school, though I’m thinking about changing my course of study to something that feels more practical and aligned with my goals.
Looking back, my journey has been filled with highs and lows. From struggling with forex to pursuing my studies and facing rejection, every experience has taught me something valuable. I’ve realized that success doesn’t come easily, and there will be setbacks along the way. But with determination and resilience, I believe that everything I’m working toward now will pay off in the future. Whether it’s in forex, business, or education, I’m hopeful that the lessons I’ve learned will lead me to a place where I can achieve my dreams and inspire others to keep going, no matter how tough the journey may seem.
Comments
Post a Comment